Zeenews Bureau New Delhi, Aug 13: In what surely comes as an Independence Day bonanza for the civil servants, armed forces and paramilitary personnel, the Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the Sixth Pay Commission recommendations. The revised pay structure will ensure that there will be a 40% increase in the salary of government as well as defence employees. Highlights
The new pay commission’s recommendations will be effective from January, 2006 as the term of the Fifth Pay Commission ended on December 31, 2005. However, the arrears will not be disbursed in one go but will be divided into two components to be given by the end of next year. 40% of the arrears will be disbursed in 2008, while the remaining 60% will be doled out in 2009.
The revised pay scale will be effective from next month.
As per the cleared proposal, the minimum basic pay for government employees has been revised to Rs 7000, while the minimum salary per month at the lowest level will now be Rs 10000.
Uniform 3% raise in basic pay every year against the norm is a Rs 500-increase annually within grade scale
At least three promotions will be ensured for both civilian and defence personal. In case of civilians it will be at the 10th, 20th and 30th year and in case of defence by 16th, 18th and 24th year.
Mid-level defence personal will be now placed in the higher pay scale. Also, the defence and paramilitary personal to get more allowances.
Military service pay for persons below the officer rank (POBR) would be Rs 2,000 per month. Hike in salaries of Brigadiers as they will now be in Pay Band 4 (Rs 39,200-67,000) from the suggested Pay Band 3 (Rs 15,600-39,100)
Government doctors with 20 or more years of service can be promoted to joint secretary level. Non-practicing doctors also to get special allowance.
No Cabinet Secretary rank for Intelligence Bureau chief, the three Service chiefs and others in that league.
DIG-scale abolished in IPS and Indian Forest Service.
Group D personnel to stay (peons in ministries and porters in Railways)
The financial implications, with the implementation of the new structure, for the central government for the year 2008-09 will be Rs 15,700, while for the railways it will be to the tune of Rs 6400. The decision was taken after the Cabinet meet chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and attended by External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Defence Minister A K Antony and Finance Minister P Chidambaram unanimously passed the much awaited new pay commission report.
VIth PAY COMMISSION - NOTIFICATION LETTER
GOV. OF INDIA NOTIFICATION & LETTER RELATED TO VI PAY COMMISSION (English)
GOV. OF INDIA NOTIFICATION & LETTER RELATED TO VI PAY COMMISSION ( Hindi )
NOTIFICATION & LETTER RELATED TO PAY COMMISSION OF RAILWAY
SIXTH PAY COMMISSION REPORT FOR DEFENCE
SIXTH PAY COMMISSION FOR RAILWAY
- Revised Pay Band and Grade Pay for certain specified posts in Zonal Railways/Production Units and other Railway offices
- Restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension in respect of Government servants who had drawn lumpsum payment on absorption in Central Public Sector Undertakings/ Central Autonomous Bodies implementation of Government's decision on the recommendations of Sixth Central Pay Commission.
- Recommendations of VI CPC - Grant of Non Practising Allowance (NPA) at revised rates to IRMS officers
- Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008- Schedules for Revised Scales of Pay.(22.09.08)
- Implementation of Government's decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission- Revision of provisions regulating pension/ gratuity/ commutation of pension/ family pension/ disability pension.
- Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008- Schedules for Revised Scales of pay
FINAL REPORT SIXTH PAY COMMISSION
- IAS (Pay) 2nd Amendment Rules, 2008 New
- Clarifications on CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008(Dated 15th September 2008)
- Central Secretariat (Deputation on Tenure) Allowance and Grant of Deputation (Duty) Allowance
- Training Allowance and Sumptuary Allowance
- Grant of Children Education Assistance and Reimbursement of Tuition Fee
- GAZZETE FOR SIXTH PAY COMMISSION FOR RAILWAY- Hindi
- GAZZETE FOR SIXTH PAY COMMISSION FOR RAILWAY- English
- Office Memorandum - Implementation of Sixth CPC Report for Pre - 2006 Pensioners (Dated 1st September 2008)
- Resolution containing Government's decision on Sixth CPC Report (Relating to Pension)
- Resolution containing Government's decision on Sixth CPC Report