Your Ad Here

NOTIFICATION & LETTER RELATED TO PAY COMMISSION OF RAILWAY

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Breaking News! A pay hike much higher than what was recommended by the Sixth Pay Commission, has been approved by the Union Cabinet. The latest increa

Breaking News! A pay hike much higher than what was recommended by the Sixth Pay Commission, has been approved by the Union Cabinet. The latest increase in annual increment and the payment of arrears was reportedly incorporated after PM Dr. Manmohan Singh's intervention. The latest revision in the pay commission report will bring more cheer to the central government employees.The new package, which will benefit 55 lakh Central government employees, will be announced on August 15 by the Prime Minister during his Independence Day speech. According to latest reports, there will be an additional 20 percent hike over the pay packages suggested by the Sixth Pay Commission. The Pay Commission had suggested a gross 40 percent hike. Minimum entry level pay of a government employee has been increased to Rs. 7000.
The net increase in the pay package will be around 30 percent with the additional increase for lower grade staff. The Pay Commission had calculated the dearness allowance as 74 percent. However, it is currently 83 percent. The Union Cabinet proposal also suggested a uniform 3 per cent raise in pay every year. Currently, the Central government employees get an automatic hike of Rs. 500 in the basic pay every year.Finance Minister P Chidambaram had suggested that the new pay hike be effective from January 2007. However, it was rejected by the Cabinet Committee. The new pay hike will be effective from January 1, 2006, which means there will be heavy cash bonanza for the bureaucrats in terms of arrears. Chidambaram's proposal of putting the arrears in the General Provident Fund was also rejected. The Pay Commission had recommended that 40 percent of the arrears be paid in the current fiscal and the remaining 60 percent next year. The arrears would be paid in cash.The employees will get new pay packages from November onwards after the Parliament in September passes the Finance Ministry’s supplementary Demand For Grant to fund the wage bill.Although the Pay Commission had suggested the scrapping of Group D personnel such as peons and coolies and wanted them to be subsumed in Group C, the panel has rejected it. The demands of both armed forces and IPS officers were approved by the Union Cabinet. A DGP will get a salary of Rs. 80,000 per month. The government will have to bear an additional burden of Rs. 11,000 crore due to the unprecedented pay hike.
The Armed Forces have reasons to smile, as most of their demands have been met. In addition to the hike in their pay structure, all military officials below the officer rank would get Rs. 2000 per month as military service pay (MSP). Higher ranked military officials will get in the range of Rs. 3000 - 6000 military service pay (MSP). Brigadiers will be put in Pay Band 4 (Rs. 39,200 - Rs. 67,000). All mid-level defence officials will be put on higher pay band

1 comment:

Admin said...

What the hell you are doing. You have duly linked to other articles published on Zee News and TOI. But there is no link the original source (Breaking News Online). It's a copyright violation. Don't force us to report you. I hope good sense will prevail and u will link your article to the original source.

Sagar Satapathy
Editor-in-Chief,

Breaking News Online
www.breakingnewsonline.net